Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Penne from Heaven

Abby is a friend who used to babysit for our kids. She grew up quite nicely and opened several restaurants. Camaje, which we've been to, is in Greenwich Village. Abigail is in Prospect Heights (or, if you're a bit older,  Crown Heights).

Most afternoons we succumb to a sort of anxiety about what to have for dinner. Yesterday, for some reason, I thought of Abby as an inspiration. The result was a home cooked version of the "Spicy Italian Sausage and Local Swiss Chard" (the chard was purchased at a local market) from the Abigail menu.

While I was talking with a contractor about our upstairs bathroom, The Chief Cook removed the sausage from its casing - something that I wouldn't have done.



Not sure how it turns out at Abigail. This is what happened here:




According to The Chief Cook, I've shown too much food on the plate. She's probably right. But since there was a strong intent to eat what was shown, I'm not too concerned.

3 comments:

Euphonium said...

The blue plate design is quite nice. The food looks good as well, but I need to constrain my saturated/trans intake.
BTW: Anti-coastal or pente-coastal may be more apt.

12thstreet said...

Of course you meant PENNEcoastal.

owl said...

Now I'm hungry; thanks a lot!